New Starting on July 1, 2018, the Construction Documents Technology (CDT) program will transition from a certificate to a certification. Read more here.
CCS, CCCA, and CCPR certifications are all valid for a period of three-years
and expire on June 30th. The year of expiration is based on the initial date of certification.
CSI sends email
and postal reminders for Certification Renewal beginning in early Spring. Certification renewal is fully electronic and completed within the individual portal. To view renewal status, login to your profile
and navigate to the “My Certifications
” page from the menu.
Candidates for renewal must report 24 Continuing Education hours, complete the renewal attestation
and pay the renewal fee ($140 before 6/30/19).Regarding Continuing Education:
- l 50% of topics must be related to the professional practice of the certification being renewed, as defined by the CSI Practice Guide.
- l Up to 50% may accrue from serving on a CSI standing or ad hoc committee or on a CSI task team.
- l Attending educational seminars and certification study courses by CSI Chapters and Regions.
- l 100% must be related to the construction industry or the construction process.
CSI is in process of updating our 2019-2020 CSI continuing education renewal standards. Currently, we will accept:
- l 1 "unit" for authoring a published industry professional article (non-commercial)
- l 1 "unit" for teaching or presenting at an industry conference, training event or college course
We do not accept patent related work for continuing education at this time.
Certificants may enter completed continuing education activities in their account at any time. CSI does not require candidates to provide supporting documentation at the time of renewal. However, CSI does hold the right to perform random audits and may ask you to provide documentation of your continuing education hours in the form of AIA transcripts, meeting agendas, CEU certificates, or articles read/written.Questions?
For additional information regarding CSI Certifications and Renewal view our Frequently Asked Questions
, download the PDH upload instructions (PDF)
, or contact CSI Member Services at 800-689-2900 (Monday - Friday, 8am
ET) or at firstname.lastname@example.org